We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Apricot "Goldrich" (Prunus armeniaca Goldrich) is known to many gardeners in our country under the translation name "Golden Rich". This variety was developed by experienced American breeders over forty years ago.
Description of the variety declares high rates of resistance of fruit stands to damage by moniliosis, as well as excellent and regular productivity. "Goldrich" refers to the category of commercial and very popular varieties.
Characterization and description of the variety
Apricot varieties "Goldrich" forms mid-tall trees with a wide and spreading crown. The plant is characterized as winter-hardy and high-yielding. Flowering is medium early. White flowers are quite large.
The ripened fruits can be medium or large sizes, the standard weight is at the level of 65-95 g. Some fruits reach a weight of 135-145 g. Fruits of attractive appearance, oval in shape, slightly flattened from the sides, covered with light orange skin with a slight blurred red blush.
Apricot "Goldrich": variety description
The flesh is dark orange color, dense texture, with a light and pleasant aroma. The taste is somewhat sour. The stone is medium in size or relatively large; it separates quite well from fully ripened pulp. Dessert fruits.
Dates and features of landing
Goldrich apricot seedlings are recommended to be planted in the early spring, which makes it possible for immature plants to take root well at a constant place before the onset of cold weather. Planting dates can vary greatly depending on the climatic conditions in the growing region.
A permanent place should be chosen taking into account the botanical features of the apricot. The plant is very light and thermophilic. In addition, the area reserved for fruit stands should be protected from the negative effects of cold northerly winds.
Planting pits for apricot seedlings need to be prepared in advance, placing them at a distance of 3 or 4 meters from each other. Pits for landing should be up to 60-70 cm deep. The optimal width of the landing pit is 70-80 cm. Mandatory is the arrangement of the drainage layer at the bottom. For this purpose, experienced gardeners recommend the use of sawdust, as well as humus or vegetable tops. A layer of fertile soil should be filled up over the drainage.
Planted apricot seedlings should be abundantly watered, spending about 18-20 liters of water for each plant. After planting, it is desirable to shade young plants, and to protect the soil from strong drying, it is recommended to perform a layer of organic mulch in the form of peat or humus crumbs. Tree trunks of fruit stands should be mulched only for the first two years, after which it is recommended to remove the mulch.
Essential Care Activities
Apricot trees of the American variety Goldrich are relatively rare in home gardening in our country. The variety needs a very competent care:
- the first spring top dressing and treatment before budding should be carried out using a urea solution, which will saturate the soil with nitrogen, and also helps protect the plantings from overwintering plant parasites in the soil;
- at the sap flow stage, for preventive purposes, it is allowed to treat the garden plantations with Agravertin, Iskra-bio, Akarin or with the Healthy Garden drug;
- the second spring feeding of apricot can be based on organic matter, but such fertilizers should be applied no more than once every couple of years;
- during the summer period, special attention is required to conduct abundant irrigation measures based on a pair of buckets of water for each young plant;
- in the fall, sanitary pruning of apricot trees is mandatory, which involves the removal of injured, old and diseased branches on productive plants;
- the soil in the trunk circles in the autumn should be freed from foliage and digged well, after which the plants need water-charging irrigation.
In autumn, it is necessary to carry out preventive treatment of apricot trees against the most common pathogens and the main wintering insect pests.
Tips and reviews of gardeners
Apricot Goldrich medium-term ripening forms a crop suitable for harvest in the first decade of July. Fruiting occurs in the third year after planting. According to gardeners, the variety is characterized by high productivity, which, with proper care of fruit stands, is about 55-58 kg per adult productive tree.
Apricot: planting and care
When cultivating this variety, it should be remembered that the "Golden Rich" is primarily commercial and, when grown in household plots in many regions of our country, it does not always show its best side.