We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peach and nectarine are southern plants that are quite demanding and sensitive to most factors, therefore, planting, as well as transplanting of these plants should be carried out in accordance with the peculiarities of agricultural technology.
Growing seedlings at home
Few amateur gardeners decide to grow peach or nectarine seedlings at home. These warm and light-loving crops are very whimsical and traditionally grown in warm regions. However, subject to the technology of planting and transplanting fruit seedlings, as well as caring for the plant, you can get a good fruit yield in many regions of our country.
Seedlings of peach and nectarine from the stone is quite possible to grow at home, on the windowsill. It is recommended that you adhere to the following process technology:
- the fruits for planting material must be juicy, ripe and completely healthy, without signs of spoilage and decay;
- the extracted bone should be thoroughly washed with running water and examined for damage by plant parasites;
- a clean bone should be soaked for a week in water at room temperature, replacing water daily;
- before planting planting material in the ground, you should hold a bone for a couple of hours in any growth stimulator;
- the soil mixture for planting should be constantly moist, therefore it is recommended to cover the planting containers with film or glass.
It should be remembered that peach and nectarine emerge from the bone quite difficult, and the risk of a complete absence of shoots remains.
Peach and Nectarine: Features of Growing
Seedlings of thermophilic garden crops are very demanding for care activities. Plants should be daily and abundantly watered at room temperature. Organic fertilizers are recommended as fertilizers. It is also very important to treat seedlings with special protective preparations, for example, Ridomil or Tiovit. With timely planting in the autumn period, the height of the seedling can be 50-70 cm. At this stage, it is necessary to carry out the first formation of the crown, removing diseased, deformed or weak above-ground parts.
Preparing and choosing a seat
It is very important to choose and equip a place for planting peach and nectarine:
- heat-loving fruit seedlings can not be planted in areas represented by sandy light soils with a close occurrence of groundwater and waterlogged, heavy loamy soils;
- the landing area should not be located in lowlands or in marshy areas with stagnation of cold air masses;
- a good result is observed when planting on well-drained and fertile soils that are not prone to moisture stagnation;
- the ideal site for planting is soil with pH values of 6.5;
- humus-rich, moisture-permeable and well aerated soils are suitable for growing peach or nectarine;
- in the autumn period, all weed vegetation should be removed from the site and organic or mineral fertilizers should be added under deep digging of the soil;
- at the bottom of a well-prepared landing pit, a drainage layer should be poured in the form of stones, gravel or brick battle;
- the root system of the fruit seedling should be placed in a layer of fertile, nutritious soil poured over the drainage;
- A standard landing pit for peach or nectarine should have a depth of 50-60 cm and a diameter of at least 40-50 cm.
After planting, plants should be abundantly watered with settled water, spending about two to three buckets for each young tree. The use of organic mulch reduces the number of irrigation activities and creates the most favorable conditions for the root system of the fruit culture.
How and when to transplant in spring
In central Russia, planting and replanting of plants is recommended in the spring. In regions with a mild climate and not too frosty winters, it is advisable to plant young trees in the fall, about a month before the onset of significant cooling. The maximum survival rate is shown by fruit seedlings, whose age does not exceed 1-2 years. For older plants, transplanting activities often become fatal.
Spring planting of a fruit plant should be carried out very carefully and carefully. Incorrect transplantation can be accompanied by numerous broken roots, which subsequently negatively affects the growth, development and productivity of the tree. When preparing a seedling for planting, it is necessary to carefully trim all dry sections of the roots. A positive effect is achieved by soaking the root system of the planted plant in water during the day. You can add a growth stimulant to the water to soak. When immersing a seedling in a planting pit, it is necessary to place the grafting site about 4-5 cm above the ground. It is also advisable to correct the aerial parts of the fruit plant, leaving only the three or four strongest branches. For the correct direction of growth, it is recommended to tie the sapling trunk to the support.
When planting and replanting in the autumn, it should be remembered that work should be carried out at least one month or one and a half before the onset of severe cooling. Otherwise, the plant does not have time to grow stronger and take root in a new place, as a result of which there is a risk of freezing of the fruit crop in the winter. To reduce the risk of freezing of heat-loving plants in winter, you can use shelters and mulch trunks circles with organic matter.
Proper care of the garden culture on the site includes a number of activities, which are important for the proper growth and development of peach and nectarine:
- an important component of care is proper pruning, so in the first three years it is necessary to correctly and timely form the crown of the plant;
- in the first year of growing peach and nectarine, it is required to form a crown base of 3-4 skeletal branches located at the same distance from each other;
- in the future, the goal of pruning skeletal branches is the formation of shoots of the first and second order, as well as the removal of unnecessary growth of shoots;
- Every year, high-quality fertilizers should be introduced into the trunk circles of fruit trees, the composition of which varies depending on the age of the plant and the growing season;
- in the spring, nitrogen-containing fertilizers in the form of ammonium nitrate or urea should be applied, and in the fall it is especially important to use phosphorus and potassium fertilizers;
- To protect garden plantings from fungal diseases, it is recommended to spray the trees with a Bordeaux mixture or a solution based on the Chorus preparation.
How to grow nectarine at home
It is also very important to carry out systematic weeding, which is desirable to supplement with watering and loosening the soil in near-stem circles. To reduce the number of weeds and watering during the active vegetation phase, it is advisable to mulch the soil around the trees with peat or any other organic matter.