We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Today there is a wide selection of varieties of the nightshade family, and any gardener will find an option for himself, according to the preferences and characteristics of the region. Tomato Red cheeks f1 will be an excellent solution for lovers of fleshy and sweet berries.
General information about the variety
Reviews of tomato red cheeks f1 from vegetable growers from different regions of Russia are only positive. The plant bears fruit stably in the middle zone of the country, Moscow region and warm, southern territories. General description of the variety:
- mid-early, the maximum ripening period of berries is not more than 120 days;
- undersized plant, maximum height 1.5 meters;
- high yield, from 1 sq. meters of planting get up to 6 kg of tomatoes;
- the first inflorescence is formed over 7-8 leaves;
- medium foliage;
- requires maintaining a temperature of at least 19 degrees, does not tolerate cold;
- resistant to major diseases of the nightshade family;
- resistant to cracking;
- tolerates transportation well;
- long-term storage is possible.
Tomato Red cheeks are successfully grown not only in Russia. The variety is popular with Ukrainian, Belarusian, Moldovan and Kazakh vegetable growers. Fruit characteristics:
- flat-round shape;
- large, the maximum weight reaches 350 grams.
- low ribbed;
- thin skin;
- the color of a ripe berry is bright red;
- polyspermous, with 3-4 chambers;
- sweet taste with sourness;
A versatile variety suitable for pickling, canning, mashed potatoes and pasta. Tomato is one of the salad varieties and will be an excellent addition to the table.
The first step to getting a good harvest is preparing the seedlings. Preparatory work should begin in early spring.
In order to prevent diseases, tomato seeds are pre-treated with a solution of potassium permanganate. After washing with clean, warm water, the grains are placed in the soil to a depth of 2-3 cm. Separate peat pots are better suited for planting seedlings. To obtain healthy seedlings, it is recommended:
- maintaining the temperature in the room at least 21 degrees;
- regular watering and loosening;
- a constant source of natural or artificial lighting.
Tomatoes bear fruit stably in greenhouse conditions and in the open field. The landing site should be chosen depending on the climatic characteristics of the region.
IMPORTANT! It is necessary to pick tomatoes immediately after the formation of the second true leaf.
To achieve a good harvest, it is necessary to provide the plant with comfortable conditions:
- arrange seedlings in a checkerboard pattern, at a minimum distance of 40 cm from each other;
- regular feeding, at least once every 10 days;
- watering with warm water in the evening and morning hours, as needed;
- regular loosening;
- garter and additional support. As a support, use only synthetic materials.
The variety is suitable for growing outdoors in the Belgorod region. The fruits are large, fleshy with a slight sourness. To get a good harvest, tying, regular watering and loosening are imperative. A great option for vegetable salad, making pasta and juice. I recommend!
Varvara Nikolaeva, 43 years old.