We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Another hybrid, the tomato "Chelyabinsk Meteorite" f1, appeared recently, but has already taken a certain place in the list of preferences of summer residents. A versatile tomato that is not subject to the whims of nature.
What is the variety
Before planting the Chelyabinsk Meteorite tomatoes on your plot, you should carefully study the information regarding the species. Characteristics and description of the variety of tomatoes for your reference.
- Height: 1.2-1.5 m.
- Inflorescence: simple.
- Number of tomatoes in a brush: 5 to 8 pcs.
- Aging time: 95-105 days.
- Mass: 55-90 gr.
- Shape: rounded.
- Color: red.
- Flesh: fleshy.
- Skin: Hard.
- Taste: sweet, no sourness.
- Transportability: high.
- Shelf life: long.
- Presentation: excellent.
Summer residents love this variety for its unpretentious care, and for a large number of fruits.
Growing and care
You don't have to do anything special when growing the Chelyabinsk Meteorite tomato, it is important to comply with all the requirements of agricultural technology used when growing other varieties. Seeds of tomatoes, for seedlings, are planted in March or April, depending on the weather conditions in the region. At the same time, you do not need to process them with anything.
Tomatoes can be transplanted into the greenhouse in mid-May. In open ground at the end of May, beginning of June. 1 m2 plant from 4 to 6 plants. The distance between the bushes is 60 cm. Before planting tomatoes in the ground, you can water the holes with a solution of potassium permanganate. Tying to a support and pinching is imperative.
It is best to form a plant in 2-3 stems. Do not allow more than 5 stepchildren to be educated. Watering tomatoes is best after sunset, preferably warm water. In general, the care is no different from the usual. Weeding, loosening and feeding during the season. For larger fruits, the growth point must be removed.
Positive and negative aspects of the view
The properties of the Chelyabinsk Meteorite tomatoes, both positive and negative, help the summer resident decide whether to breed the species or not.
- Stress tolerance. Any unfavorable conditions are easily experienced by the plant. Without affecting the formation of fruits.
- Fruiting is constant and stable.
- Unpretentious. It feels equally well under the scorching rays of the sun, with a lack of moisture and more.
- Compactness. Helps to save space on the site.
- High cost of seed.
- It will not work to prepare seeds for next year. The collected seeds of hybrids sometimes do not even sprout.
Growing tomatoes "Chelyabinsk Meteorite" does not cause problems. Since they suffer little from various diseases. They are resistant to almost everything except the black stem. Mostly young plants suffer from it. It is rare when a plant can become infected with late blight.
- Colorado beetle.
- Melon aphid.
- Spider mite.
You can fight them using chemicals, strictly following the instructions.
Harvest volumes and application
Many summer residents are primarily interested in the volume of tomato harvest that the variety gives. The yield of the Chelyabinsk Meteorite tomatoes is very high. The versatility of the Chelyabinsk Meteorite was appreciated by summer residents immediately after their appearance on the market. Cooking salads from fresh tomatoes and using them in preparations for the winter has made this variety, for many, one of the best. Many people use them only for conservation. Not because they are tasteless when fresh, but because they are perfect in shape. And they are not crushed in banks.
The opinions of experienced summer residents
The reviews of those who planted tomatoes in their plots deserve great attention. Their opinion or the experience described will help a novice gardener.
- Natalia. The tomatoes of this variety were especially pleased and surprised. Outwardly, the plant differed from others in that the leaves were similar to potato leaves. The first tomato on the site was the Chelyabinsk meteorite. The taste pleased, and the yield impressed. Bearing fruit the longest. It was a pity to pull up in the fall. Next year he will definitely continue to experiment with them, plant them in a greenhouse. In order to compare the result.
- Yuri. We planted 3 bushes. Stepson and tied up. The external resemblance to potatoes was the reason for the jokes that potatoes were grown instead of tomatoes. Three times a season they were fed with fertilizer. We were satisfied with the harvest, all the tomatoes were used for canning. The structure was preserved, did not burst. I liked everything, they will definitely go to jail next year.
- Natasha. We liked the fact that the volume of the harvest is large. But the taste did not satisfy, everyone went to juice.
- Mukharam Nuriev. Grown in a greenhouse for 4 years in a row. The bush was formed into 2-3 stems. The yield is high, the taste is amazing. They will definitely grow more.
- Vasilyeva Svetlana. The description completely coincided with reality. Now he is among the first in her garden. The hostess is delighted.
Having familiarized yourself with the characteristics of the Chelyabinsk Meteorite tomato variety, and growing it correctly, you can get a good harvest. Delicious and dense fruits proved to be excellent in preparations for the winter. And the ability of the plant to bear fruit during rains and droughts in the open field made it indispensable for many summer residents.