We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Under "Fosprenil" for pigeons is understood a drug that is used in veterinary practice. It is designed to eliminate viral infections of birds. For the composition to work, it is important to strictly observe the dosage. It should be borne in mind that the remedy has certain contraindications and side effects. They most often manifest themselves with improper use of the product.
Composition and release form of the drug
The drug is sold in glass containers with a volume of 10 and 50 milliliters. The solution is transparent or yellowish in color. The active component of the substance is the disodium salt of polyprenol phosphate. In addition, the product includes water for injection and ethanol. It also contains glycerin and tween-80.
The use of "Fosprenil" helps to achieve a complex effect. With the help of the drug, it is possible to obtain the following results:
- strengthen the immune system;
- increase the body's natural resistance to viral infections;
- reduce the number of infected birds;
- prevent the death of pigeons.
The drug has a low toxicity. Therefore, it is permissible to use it for individuals who are prone to allergies.
In what cases is it used?
"Fosprenil" is used in such situations:
- the need to strengthen the resistance of birds to disease;
- treatment of viral pathologies;
- preventing the spread of viruses among livestock;
- increased immune response after vaccination;
- activation of live weight gain in poultry.
In this case, most often "Fosprenil" is used to treat Newcastle disease. Poultry often suffer from it.
In cold weather, a weakening of the immunity of birds is observed. This provokes the progression of the disease and the spread of the viral infection. It provokes damage to the nervous system of birds. Then bleeding develops in the digestive system and liver.
If you do not start treatment on time, the risk of death increases. With proper and timely therapy, birds can be saved.
Key signs of Newcastle disease include the following:
- the head falls to one side;
- while eating, the pigeon does not fall on the grains;
- a spiral flight path is observed;
- while walking, the birds stagger from side to side;
- when falling to one side, the bird cannot rise on its own;
- the bird moves in a circle or spins in place, which is not very natural for healthy birds.
To cope with Newcastle disease, Fosprenil is used. To prevent the development of pathology, it is imperative to vaccinate.
Doses and methods of administration for pigeons
To cope with the pathology, it is important to strictly follow the instructions. The drug is released in the form of a solution for injection, which has a transparent or slightly yellowish tint. The substance activates metabolic processes in the body and stimulates hematopoietic activity.
To achieve the desired results, the drug must be added to the drinker. For this it is recommended to mix it with drinking water. It is also permissible to bury the composition in the nose of each individual.
Zarechny Maxim Valerievich
Agronomist with 12 years of experience. Our best summer cottage expert.
In the first case, you need to use 2-3 milliliters of the product per 1 liter of water. In the second option, you need to bury the bird 2-3 milliliters of the product in the nose. The duration of therapy is 5-10 days.
In advanced cases, it is impossible to do without extreme measures. In this case, the drug must be injected with an insulin syringe into the pectoral or abdominal muscles. When performing injections, the dosage must be adjusted. In this case, it is required to inject 0.1 milliliter of the drug per day. This is done once. The minimum course of such therapy is 5 days.
The drug should not be used for birds that have a high individual sensitivity to the ingredients of the product. When symptoms of allergy appear, the use of the substance must be stopped immediately and an antihistamine must be prescribed.
Side effects of the drug
With strict adherence to the dosage, side effects are extremely rare. In this case, there were no cases of overdose.
However, sometimes such violations appear:
- a slight increase in temperature - no more than 1.5 degrees;
- disturbances in the frequency and strength of the heartbeat;
- general weakness and lethargy within 1-2 days after the first injection.
Storage and shelf life
When storing "Fosprenil" it is recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- keep the drug in a closed container;
- store the substance separately from food and feed;
- keep the substance in a dry place, out of the reach of sunlight;
- you need to store the composition at a temperature of +25 degrees for 2 years.
Effective analogues of the remedy include:
"Fosprenil" is an effective remedy that helps to cope with various viral infections in pigeons. For the composition to work, it is important to follow the instructions clearly.