We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cornelian compote for the winter is an excellent preparation for those who do not drink sugary drinks, but prefer sour flavors. There are many options for making a winter drink with different fruits. One of these recipes is dogwood compote and sweet apples. The prepared drink helps to increase immunity, prevents colds.
Features of the preparation of compote from dogwood and apples for the winter
During cooking, take into account the following points:
- dogwood is a tart fruit, so you need to add a lot of sugar to get a good taste;
- berries go well with fruits - grapes, apples, pears. But their use should be in such quantity that the taste of the main component is not interrupted;
- ripe berries of a maroon hue are used for the drink. If the fruits are unripe, they are tied in a plastic bag. After 2 days, they will ripen.
Ingredients for the recipe
To make a drink, you need to take:
- 200 gr. dogwood;
- 800 gr. apples;
- 2 l. water;
- 500 gr. granulated sugar.
How to choose products?
To make an uzvar, the berries are ripe and firm. The very soft fruit will disintegrate during heat treatment. The berries are sorted out, washed out in cold water. Green fruits are also not suitable for a drink, because of them the compote will have a sour taste. Apples for the drink are taken from hard, sweet varieties.
Before filling the jar, you must first rinse well with baking soda, rinse. Then the container is poured over with boiling water, placed downside down on a towel.
Containers for compote must be dry. After drying, you can add dogwood.
Important! In order not to run into trouble during conservation, the choice of cans must be careful. The container is inspected for cracks, rust, chipping. If the containers are well processed, the dogwood compote with apples will stand for a very long time for the winter.
To prepare compote, you need to follow the instructions:
- Take small firm apples. Sweet and sour varieties are better for the recipe. The apples should not be damaged or showing signs of rotting.
- Cornel is processed, all sepals are removed, washed under running cold water. After it is poured into a colander to glass the water.
- It is poured into a dry prepared container.
- A kettle of water is placed on the stove, it should boil. Hot water is poured into a container with dogwood, and it is covered with a metal lid. The can is delayed for 15 minutes.
- Apples are being prepared. Rinsed, cut into 4 pieces, core removed. Cut each part into small wedges. The peel is not removed from the apples.
- The liquid from the container with which the berry is poured must be poured into a saucepan. To prevent the dogwood from getting into the pot, it is recommended to put on a special lid with holes on the jar. Then apples are poured and sent to the stove, medium heat is made.
- Sugar is sent to the pan, the mass must be stirred all the time until it dissolves. After boiling, cook for 10 minutes. Before turning off, you need to try the sugar syrup and decide if you need to add this product more.
- The hot mixture is poured back into the jar, rolled up.
- The last step is to check that the container is tightly closed. Banks are turned upside down, covered with a blanket for 2 days. During this time, the uzvar will cool down evenly.
Storage methods for compote
The storage of the drink takes place in the basement, in the refrigerator for no more than 2 years. It is advised to wrap the lids using polyethylene film, otherwise the lids will become rusty and microbes will enter the container.
An open drink should be consumed a day before.